Friday, November 21, 2008

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck....

then it is not a deer.
Oh dear, Zacharias Buddy (ZB for short) what have you done?!?!

Oh here it is upon us. Tomorrow is the opening day of gun deer hunting season. 9 days of blaze orange bliss. For some.

9 days of no husband at home. 9 days (27 meals) that I must make. 9 days of not being able to say, "go ask your Dad." I could go on but I wouldn't want anyone to think that I am not going to enthusiastically enjoy the next 216 hours that my children and I will spend together, completely on our own, with no breaks, no moments of peace, no "oh you take over." Well, you get my point.
And nothing brings a 9 day 24 hour stretch to a more peaceful ending than a trip to the cabin for 5 days for a personal hunting trip. Alone. Without your wife and kids. You know, the ones that have been in survival mode for the previous 10 days?

Some guys have all the luck.

ZB says be safe hunters and be kind to your game wardens!

No comments: